Saturday, January 26, 2013

"The Path"

This past summer after a particularly wonderful visit with my grandson, I was prompted to write "The Path." I submitted to TOSKA. The editors wrote back. Read "The Path" in the current issue, Winter, 2013. http://toskamag.com/2013/01/18/the-path-sandell-morse/

And just what does Toska mean?

Taken from their website.


toska - noun /ˈtō-skə/ – Russian
No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody or something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.
-Vladimir Nabokov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog; your input feeds my creative spirit.